Wednesday 14 February 2018

Oh Tula!

Oh Tula! I finished this quilt from mostly Tula Pink fabrics on the day I found out that Westminster/Free Spirit would no longer be printing fabrics. After 30 years, they are retiring!

This leaves a swag of designers without fabric "publishers" so to speak! Including Tula Pink, Anna Maria Horner, Kaffe Fassett Collective and many more.


Oh, these were our fresh, hippy, boho and bright fabric suppliers! Who will pick them up now?



I seem to recall Tula Pink being with Moda once before, I hope they can pick them up once again.
Imagine how many people will be out of work with over 30 fabric designers' fabrics not being printed anymore.


New changes for the industry. Wouldn't it be great if one really huge entrepreneur bought out the company and everything continued as it has been?


Hello purple tiger face.


I love this quilt! This one is leaving my home, but I have enough fabric to make myself one of these gypsy boho inspired quilts.

Mine will be perfect as a gypsy fortune teller's cloth... when I get around to making it...

No comments: