Sunday 11 February 2018

How many shoes does a girl need?

I loved making the Ruby Slippers section of the cushion so much, that I kept making it...


 And here is a small version which I am using as a bag for this deck of cards based on the book The Universe Has Your Back.



 The deck contains card with affirmations, uplifting quotes and prayers.

I really see myself making more of these bags. I ADORE making the shoes in particular. I have painted, appliqued and added details of hand guided machine embroidery. And how many shoes does a girl need for herself? Maybe I shouldn't answer that question... Heh heh..


And this is a little snippet of my first go at Diamond Painting. It's so similar to something my kids have been doing for years with large diamonte stickers.... It takes a lot of time, and I probably wouldn't frame it... I wonder what I will use it for.

When I asked the kids what I should do with it they said to "glue tack" (blu tac) it onto the wall above my bed. Guess where their stickers by numbers sets are? yep. on the wall above their beds. Bless them. x

3 comments:

Jo said...

Love these shoes. I made them too.
https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/my-movie-challenge-is-quilted-bound-and.html
Or you could make a shoe bag for travelling on weekends/school camps to come...
https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/xmas-wreath.html

9658 Textiles said...

There it is! the OZ theme! love it. the universe indeed is a strange thing. :)

kiwikid said...

Love those shoes too, I can see why you like making them