Wednesday 13 March 2013

Throw or Throw-away?

Ooh! I just found this cute little old thing (well it's a quilt UFO)... it looks great thrown on the ground and snapped.... I wonder if I have any of the "pathway" fabric left - the rest were scrappy bits...

I think I started this quilt in 1999... I worked on it for about a year, started a HUGE local hexagon craze using a technique where you don't tack through papers. Then I left everybody else with their hexagon-itis while I started to make loads of quilts of my own design that I taught in the LQS. The shop was called "Just For You Fabrics" - that was in 2000.



About a year or two later the shop relocated, then closed. At that time I started going to classes in Castlemaine where I met one of my best quilty friends Andrea.

Oh! What a trip down memory lane this has been! How wonderful to write it down while I can remember.

This blog really is a wonderful tool for recording quilt progress.... there's going to be a lot more of the past to talk about.....

I was cleaning out quilt storage (that's what you do when you've sold your house)... and couldn't decide whether to throw it away, or use it as a throw.... awwww... I'll have to keep it. It's gorgeous even as an unfinished piece....

No comments: