Monday 26 December 2016

Sshh... be very quiet

Ssshhh! It's early in the morning on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas here in Australia), and Mummy is up to do something she wants to do. (Sew and read blogs! Giggle.) while tired kiddies and Daddy are still sleeping off yesterday's excitement.

What a wonderful family day we had, and I am so grateful....

6pm - the end of a wonderful day - still smiling!

I had finished all my Christmas gifts this year, and I wasn't sewing madly Christmas Eve (actually, that's not quite true. If any were unfinished, I replaced them with something else a bit earlier, and I was still sewing on Christmas Eve morning, but that was for fun)....


As well as this pavlova (with secret ingredient glace ginger), I made a parsnip and cashew nut roast. Ooh! Vegetarian heaven! It tasted like stuffing! Kind of sweet and chewy with crunchy bits and lots of herby flavours!

This is the Bird and Berry tablerunner. I just love birds and berries! I think you might be able to tell!

This one is a birthday gift for my MIL Gail, which is in January.

Maybe there will be none of these next-year- Christmas gifts left by then! Let's see, out of six runners I think: one for me, birthday gift for MIL Gail, birthday gift for my Mum Wilma, Christmas gift for sister Libby, 40th birthday gift for Robin, birthday gift for Aunty Ann! That's it. All spoken for! Hahahahhaha. Or should that be Ho! Ho! Ho!

Well, I'd better get sewing. Merry Christmas. xo

Luckily I have been given a fabric gift voucher.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Glad to see you had a happy Xmas day. Now to enjoy your sewing time...

kiwikid said...

Beautiful table runner Lorraine, love the bird centre. That pavlova sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

wow i love your table runner and so glad you had a wonderful xmas,i love getting fabric vouchers too for gifts,hope you have a wonderful day.