Sunday 10 May 2015

The plan...

Everything seems to be going to plan... the baby girl quilt is pieced and basted. I think I'll free motion bees on it and call it "Dance Of The Bumble Bees".


It's quite bright and lairy. We went to the parents home yesterday and found no particular colour scheme in place, so it might even be the start of a theme.
The table runner is basted and ready to quilt, although it will be a week later for Mother's Day.

I'm very excited as my sister just went shopping for a load of baby gear, and the towels and sheets she bought seem to go with the colour theme I have chosen for the Swedish Baby Quilt. I love it when we sometimes intuit the colours for a person that are perfect.

Look at her with all that shopping! I am looking forward to seeing my little niece or nephew in the nursery.


And for handwork I started a heart stitchery for a little wallhanging or table centre for the Biggest Morning Tea raffle prizes. I'll keep going with the handwork and machine quilting today.

I'm feeling really pleased with the project progress for this year. After this month I will be sewing for my baby, as I am half way now. Time just flies!!!

And Happy Mother's Day to mothers of all kinds here in Australia. 

No comments: