Monday 1 October 2012

I love my machine....

Eek! You know you've been working hard (well studying in my case) when you haven't had your sewing machine out for some time!! I look at my last blog post - 3 months ago! Awww....






And why do I have my machine out now? I'm keen to make a quick quilt for my cousin Jacqui's first baby - due anyday now...









I found this cat border print, then decided to make batik strips to go between the borders.... a very simple quilt. 


It needs to be hardy and machine washable. Jacqui will use it as a throw to put on the floor for her baby to lie on, play on, and have his nappy changed on, no matter what the floor is like, the baby will be on a clean surface... awwww.... 
I've made the back from co-ordinating fabric.... it's ready to be quilted by my wonderful Mumsy!! Then I'll add the binding, and visit Jacqui, and hopefully the new bub before too long!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Superb images thanks for the sharing...

Military Challenge Coins